Testing in Support of Health & Safety
Testing is critical when it comes to health and safety. Consumer protection and occupational health are both reasons to ensure a product is safe or prevents harm to a user. Alliance Technologies often performs pharmaceutical testing services as well as chemical and materials testing when questions of health or safety occur. In every industry, safety is always a serious consideration. Our clients send us samples to test for odors, toxins, chemical contaminants, and leachable or extractable chemicals. Alliance Technologies tests for information related to chemical reactivity of a product mixture, hazard information, or corrosivity.
When safety or health is involved and you need chemical testing, consult with our scientists here at Alliance Technologies to discuss how we might help you determine the hazards associated with your product or material.
Our Pharmaceutical Testing Labs provide:
- • Quality Control
- • Regulatory Compliance
- • Risk Management & Prevention
- • Independent Verification
- • Chemical Evaluation Expertise
Chemical testing labs are crucial for pharmaceutical manufacturing as they provide independent, objective, and expert evaluation of the quality and safety of pharmaceutical products.
Hazardous Contaminant Testing
Identification of contaminants is a common problem in a wide variety of industries and sample types. When these contaminants affect occupational health or safety, Alliance Technologies should be your first call. An importer of luggage for a luxury retailer reported an odor from packed luggage sets and asked Alliance Technologies to investigate. The identity of the malodors was determined by headspace GC-MS and reported to the client for further action. When a premium reusable water bottle supplier came to Alliance Technologies, concern over Bisphenol-A was not yet in the news. Taking a proactive stance, our client asked Alliance to survey their water bottle line for leachable BPA as well as various competitors’ water bottles. Testing revealed significant contamination on the part of several competitors, which provided a marketing and health advantage to this manufacturer.
- Electronic CigarettesRecent interest in the nicotine content of traditional cigarettes has spawned technology to deliver nicotine without many of the other harmful chemicals present in tobacco-based products. FDA concern for the safety of electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes required testing of these products for chemical composition and to evaluate product safety. Alliance Technologies tested a number of ingredients present ...Read more >>
- Extractables & Leachables from Packaging PlasticsA packaging product manufacturer with a category-leading brand was facing pressure from concerned consumers. They approached Alliance Technologies for help in demonstrating that harmful substances did not leach from their product. Based on this request, Alliance Technologies: Developed an accelerated testing protocol to check for leaching of a product coating, Developed a quantitative method to detect harmful leachate at ...Read more >>
- Corrosion and CorrosivityAs of October 1, 2005, the DOT no longer references ASTM G 31, but instead adopts the UN Model Regulations Section 37 test protocol for evaluating substances for possible assignment to Class 8 Packing Group III materials. The new protocol is more elaborate and complex and requires a longer exposure time, greater number of test ...Read more >>
For more information on our services or a technical consultation, contact Alliance. If you have already received a quote and would like to submit your sample, please fill out our online sample submission form.